Mother’s need to be very careful with the newborn and may have to choose baby skincare products with extra care. In addition, taking care of the skin of newborn can be quite tedious and may require mothers to be cautious. Here we have listed a few important tips for parents that can be quite useful in taking care of their little one.
A new born baby has incredibly soft skin, and its immune system is also quite delicate. For mothers, it is imperative to take care of baby's skin to protect it from rashes, skin irritation or other such skin problems.
Tips to keep in mind while taking care of skin of newborn
- A baby's skin is too sensitive and is highly prone to rashes. These rashes can occur from diapers, wet clothes, detergent irritation or baby wipes. Therefore, a mother should keep baby's clothes as dry as possible. If rashes occur, consider leaving diaper area open for longer time. Make sure that clothes and diapers are not too tight for the baby.
- Mother will need a lot of products like soap, shampoo, creams, powders, etc., for the baby. Therefore, she needs to make sure that the products that she chooses for the newborn are gentle on the baby skin. Always go for mild shampoos and soaps. You selected reputed brands for your child and never experiment with a new brand.
- Skin of a baby absorbs any lotion readily. Therefore, strong lotions or moisturizers shouldn’t be applied on baby's skin. Choose a light and good quality cream and moisturizer to protect your child from dryness.
- Next, baby skin is really soft, and daily bath can damage it. Therefore, you must keep in mind that you should not consider bathing your child daily. Instead, go for a sponge bath and use a soft cloth to dab the body dry.
- Don’t use too much soap on a baby as the skin can become dry and cause itching. After bathing and dabbing the skin dry, check skin folds like behind ears, neck area, diaper area, etc., carefully. Because taking care of the skin of newborn in these body parts requires extra attention. These areas tend to be drier than rest of the body. Apply suitable moisturizer in these areas carefully.
- Sudden changes in weather and atmosphere can also cause skin irritation. Hence, always protect your baby from strong winds and sunlight. Cover the baby appropriately when needed.
- If the child experiences itchy skin at night, then you must either dampen a cloth with cold water and apply to the affected area or apply a high-quality soothing moisturizer over there.
These little tips can keep your baby skin nourished and healthy. Once you set up a routine for these tips, taking care of the skin of newborn will become very easy for you. The only thing you need to remember while taking care of the baby is that baby skin is very sensitive and delicate. Anything and everything you do for your little one must not tend to damage the skin. With a little care, give your baby a radiant skin.